WordPress vs Joomla: Choose the best CMS online for your Website
When it comes to content management systems the first thing that comes to the mind is WordPress. But there are other CMS that one can use. One such example is Joomla. Wondering which one you must choose for your website? Then let us compare both these systems to get an idea about the same.
A few words about WordPress and Joomla:
WordPress has a very large market share of more than 60%. More than 30% of the websites on the internet are powered by WordPress. WordPress started as a blogging platform in the year 2003 and today it is considered as one of the best CMS Online.
Joomla came into existence in the year 2005. WordPress has a market share of around 5%. Joomla powers around 3% of websites on the internet.
WordPress vs Joomla: Check the pros and cons of both!
1. Here are the advantages of WordPress
• WordPress is so easy to use that even non-developers can use it
• If you want to use the website for blogging, then you must select WordPress
• WordPress has several plugins and themes. As a result, the developer can add many features to the website
• Many people support this CMS. It has a large support community and this makes WordPress development Online easy and the development cost is less
2. Here are the advantages of Joomla
• This is a much-advanced user management system
• It is a very flexible CMS and hence you can use it for a plethora of content types
• It has multilingual support in its core. For WordPress, you have to use a plugin
You also have the advantage of using different themes for different pieces of the content. This adds to the popularity of Joomla Development Online
3. A quick comparison between WordPress and Joomla
• As compared to Joomla WordPress is a faster way to build a website
• In both, the cases website extension is possible with the help add-ons. In WordPress, they have extensions that are called plugins and Joomla calls them extensions. WordPress has themes and Joomla has templates
• WordPress has more than 54000 free plugins and Joomla has more than 8000 free extensions
• WordPress has more than 5000 free themes. Joomla does not have a template library as such.
• Security-wise we can say that both the content management systems are secure.
So then which is better?
If you are a non-developer, then WordPress is the right CMS for you as it is easy to use. However, in the case of developers, it is not a bad idea to explore the option of Joomla as well. Joomla lets you display the different types of content with ease.
In the case of WordPress if you face any problem then you can find online professional assistance with ease (Call:888-606-1808 Toll Free). It might not be that easy with Joomla. Which CMS you choose will depend on your personal preference and requirement. But you cannot ignore one fact that is: The market share of Joomla is declining whereas even today WordPress has a higher market share.