How to Migrate a Website to WordPress? WordPress Migration Services
If you’ve been always thinking of migrating your website from its existing platform to WordPress and are now finally coming around to doing it, good job! This is one of the best decisions in the interest of your website for a number of reasons, which you may already know.
Why Choose WordPress Migration Services?
To begin with, WordPress Development Services facilitate such easy migrations for existing websites that you need not worry about completely redesigning your site. So if you’re already happy with the way your site looks and feels, and also has a decent number of regular visitors, you needn’t get into investing a whole lot of time, money, and energy into redesigning its structure in order to migrate to WordPress.
What WordPress would actually do for you is clean up any inconsistency in your website design so it becomes more attractive and easier to use for your visitors. Not to forget, the excellent SEO options that WordPress has at its disposal, which can make your website, rule the search result rankings for long.
All in all, it’s an amazing platform to be on. Now if you need help to learn WordPress migration, let’s get on to understanding it.
How to Migrate to WordPress?
Here are 10 easy steps to follow and soon your website will pride in being a part of the WordPress platform.
- Assess your Current Website – Before getting started with the migration process, let’s spend some time evaluating our existing website. We can then list out all the new features we’re looking for in our new WordPress website. Spend time in reviewing all parts of your site – from webpages and blog posts to image galleries and internal links.
- Back Up – It’s extremely important to back up your current website before you make the first migration move.
- Install WordPress – Now we’re ready to set up the WordPress installation process on our web domain. Note that in case you install WordPress on the same web host, you’d need to create a maintenance page and rename it to index.html. But if you’re installing a fresh copy, there’s no need.
- Turn Search Engine Visibility to Off – You’ll have to disable the search engine visibility for your current website before migrating it to WordPress. You can do this by logging on to WordPress dashboard and disabling the option from there. This is important so that search engines can be prevented from crawling your content until you complete the migration.
- Import Content – The migration’s all set to happen now. Import the content from your existing CMS to your new WordPress website. If your existing site is a static HTML one, you will have to manually copy paste each page on to your new site.
- Create your WordPress Design – Nothing much, just the basics that would include the theme and colours for your site, logo for the homepage, the menu structure, and links. You can choose to retain your old structure if you’re happy with it or make some changes to give your new WordPress site a fresh look.
- Install Plugins – Remember to install the essential plugins for your new WordPress site. This would include contact form, anti-spam software, backup, and security plugin. Don’t bother about the SEO plugin because your WordPress’ in-built SEO is quite strong itself.
- Test your Site – Make sure you test your new site for any possible bugs and issues, and fix them as required before it goes live. This may need little effort to check all internal and external links, images, content, menus, plugins, and widgets. You may consider using a maintenance mode plugin during the time the site is under testing to avoid inconvenience to users.
- You’re Ready to Go Live – After you’ve tested and debugged your site, you’re all set to move your domain to your new host. This may also involve pointing your URL to your new website. Going live would also involve enabling search engine visibility for the new site and refreshing the site in Google Webmaster Tools.
- Keep Doing Routine Revisions – This will be a mandatory and equally important step even as you go live. Making a few changes every now and then to keep in line with changing user needs would take your site a long way in staying on top of search engine rankings.
Before You Go
WordPress Migration Services can help you smoothly transit from your existing domain to WordPress. They can offer all the required assistance to make the process time-saving and effortless for you. If you have any difficulty or queries on the same, contact WordPress Migration help services for guidance.